Hi Wonderstruck Readers!
We’re so excited about today’s post because 2013 was a great year for music and we have a lot of favorites that will be perfect for your wedding. Music is such a big part of a wedding and we want to arm you with a great selection of groovy tunes that will utterly please you and your guests. A song can invoke laughter and silliness or can bring incredibly moving moments to you and your guests.
Take a look at some of our favorite tunes from 2013, and be sure to give each of them a listen by clicking on the link provided.
- Our First Dance Picks:
- Justin Timberlake – Mirrors. We’re pretty sure that so many of you have already decided that this is “your” song. The whole “You are, you are the love of my life” chant and reflection theme probably helped decide that for you.
- Tegan and Sara – Closer. We love this uptempo track for a first dance pick. This is great for couples who want to add a level of fun to what can sometimes be a very emotional moment.
- Get People Groovin’: Arcade Fire – Reflektor. We are truly thankful for this album for being the dance-y-ist album yet from Arcade Fire. That’s thanks to the album’s coproducer, LCD Soundsystem’s James Murphy. This track will get your party started after you finish the couple’s first dance, and whatever other traditional dancing you gotta include in your evening.
- Turn it up a Notch: We’ve got three huge tracks from this year that will make sure everyone sees the dance floor.
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky. Who doesn’t love this track? It’s the sound of happiness. Even your Grandma can get down to some Daft Punk.
- Justin Timberlake – Take Back The Night. There is no way we could have just stuck to one track from The 20/20 Experience. There are so many danceable tunes from this record and we doubt your friends would be disappointed if you sprinkled more JT into your playlist.
- Bruno Mars – Treasure. A sweet, romantic notion and a fun dance hit all in one.
- Something Unexpected: Janelle Monáe – Dance Apocalyptic. Definitely one of the most fun tunes you could include in your playlist. Incredibly uptempo and silly, this 70’s-throwback might encourage some guests to start a Soul Train. Woo-Woo!
- Best Gay Anthem: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert – Same Love. This song is so good! It was definitely on repeat all summer at Wonderstruck. Whether you are having a Big Gay Wedding or not, this track should definitely make your playlist. It will help spread the love. That’s just what this song does!
- Our Favorite Girl: Lorde – Team. Lorde’s debut album Heroine is one of our favorites of the year. This track’s dreamy electronic beat is just what you need to get your bridesmaids dancing (not that they need help).
- Best Song to End the Night: Drake ft. Majid Jordan – Hold On, We’re Going Home. This song has already become popular at wedding receptions. This is a bandwagon we’ll jump on!
What were your favorite songs from 2013 that you’ll be playing at your wedding?