Brrrrrr! It has been incredibly cold in Seattle this past week! We hope you all have found a way to keep warm in this freezing weather. We have been curled up next to our space heaters with mugs of cocoa for warming our hands and our tummies. And we secretly wish for snow, even if it drives this city into complete chaos.
There are many ways to enjoy this cold and crisp season, so we thought we should blog about wedding inspiration for this beautiful winter time of year. So here are some Ideas for a Winter Wonderland Wedding – Wonderstruck style (We are loving all the W’s, can you tell?)
Winter Wedding Inspiration: 7 of Our Favorites
1. Sprigs of pine and boughs of fir. Winter greenery is really the tops for your winter wedding décor. We love the idea of using pine sprigs as boutonnières for groomsmen and in your bouquets and centerpieces.
2. Use some more of those pine sprigs and tie them to pretty cards for some classy wintry place cards.
3. Colors we love for Winter Weddings: White, silver, cranberry, pine, royal blue, ice blue, eggplant, and chestnut.
4. Snowflakes. Hang them from the ceiling; place them on the backs of chairs. Create beautiful garlands, put snowflakes on your cake, and more! Just make sure if you want to make the snowflakes by hand, that you have a good plan to execute this as cutting snowflakes out at the last minute and discovering you are no good at cutting snowflakes is not a winning situation. But you probably have some crafty friends, and your bridesmaids and groomsmen could very well be up to this task. Find pretty and sturdy paper so that not only will your snowflakes be impressive, but they won’t rip apart easily. They make for stunning wedding inspiration for your Winter Wonderland Wedding.
5. If you love fur, then this is definitely the season to get married. Brides and grooms who love fur can wear fur trimmed dresses, jackets, hats, gloves, and more. And the best part? Capes!
6. More Décor ideas for your Wonderland – pinecones, holly berries, fir boughs, white birch tree limbs, poinsettia, paper chains, decorated and lit trees. Stay away from tinsel, especially if you have to be out of your venue at a specific hour – it takes forever to clean up!
7. Among the many delicious cocktails you could serve, winter is the perfect time to feature hot drinks. Mmmmmm! Hot rum toddies, Irish cream in coffee or hot chocolate. A couple that really sparked our interest is a mulled pineapple cocktail called Liquid Gold, and Grand Coffee – a great pick-me-up before you hit the dance floor. If you click on the “Photo Source” links below the pictures, you’ll find the recipes!
What are your favorite Winter Wedding ideas for decoration? Please share them with us right here on our blog. We love your wedding inspiration! And keep warm out there, wherever you are!